Derbyshire Dales Group 2 Day 2 check point 2



Learner Comment
By Lisa McNeill - Monday, 20 June 2011, 10:32 AM
I was in Group 1 throughout the residential on Monday 13th - Wednesday 15th June.
We completed team tasks which included: Rock climbing, Walking, Raft Building, Abseiling, Tent Erecting and Cooking.
I really enjoyed my time on the Peaks residential. I completed tasks that challenged me such as rock climbing but I faced my fears and really enjoyed my time there. The weather was lovely, we all worked as a team and completed tasks the way we were asked and when we were asked. We were responsible within activities such as navigation, cooking, cleaning and also had to work within a team and alone to put the tents up correctly, secure the raft correctly. We all made a contribution within our teams to the tasks we were completing and listened to all decisions and opinions made.
We tested our navigation and radio skills while we were walking and helped each other through 
Overall this residential has changed my mind on outdoor activities and has made me want to complete more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment