Images of Day 1 at Barn Farm Camp Site









Residential Learner Comment
By Ashleigh Callinswood - Monday, 20 June 2011, 10:10 AM
When we were there we did a lot of walking, raft building, rock climbing and abseiling, tent building and cooking.
I had a lot of fun when I was there although it was hard. I tried everything that was on offer to do I felt proud that I had completed them. I feel that our group worked well together, as a team we went raft building and we encouraged each other when someone was nervous about doing something.
At the end of the trip I felt proud of myself and my team mates as we all worked well together and achieved everything that was asked of us.




Residential Learner Comment
By James Lamin - Monday, 20 June 2011, 12:55 PM
Here's my account of the peaks. I went to the peaks on the 13th - 15th June.
On the first day we walked a few miles to a rock face which we then had to climb. I'm not too keen on heights and I had never been climbing so I was a little anxious. I was the first one to climb the rock face and really enjoyed it. I hope to do a lot more climbing next year.
On the second day we had a 10km hike to Chatsworth. At Chatsworth we had the task of building a raft. The first raft we built was unsuitable and unsafe so we were told to start again. The second time round we were given a few hints by staff to help us build a safe stable raft. The second time round we worked much better as team and had good team cohesion. Luckily the second raft was suitable and so we put it on the river. We were all a bit uneasy at the start but within minutes we were all fairly comfortable on it, until it collapsed and we all fell in the water.
All in all the Peaks was a great trip and I learnt a lot about working as a team and about myself and overcoming my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment